Before contacting the CBSA
We are committed to timely client support to resolve electronic commerce and portal systems technical issues.
1. Before contacting us, consult the following checklist:
- Ensure electronic documents are properly coded with the correct BN numbers, warehouse numbers and CCN numbers, as appropriate.
- Check with a colleague who might have already encountered the same issue.
- For technical assistance, check with your company's IT team, software vendor or service provider, as applicable.
- Consult our FAQ page.
- Consult the list of other contacts who may be better able to help you with specific questions.
- Communicate with all other trade chain partners involved in the movement or the clearance of the goods.
2. Keep in mind the following time frame, which gives us enough time to review transactions and make decisions:
- Post arrival service option: 1 hour
- PARS service option: 1 hour prior to ETA – check the ETA on the release data
- Keep in mind that release decisions may take longer for transactions that relate to ACI marine or air cargo.
3. Have all required information available so that we can better help you when you contact us.
- Date modified: