1. The purpose of this notice is to advise that the different format files for the January 1, 2017 Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff (Tariff) are now available on the Customs Tariff page of the CBSA website.
2. The 2017 Tariff reflects changes to the Harmonized System (HS) from the World Customs Organization (WCO), Department of Finance Canada and Statistics Canada as well as scheduled rate reductions contained within the legislation of individual free trade agreements. Changes to the HS are identified in PDF format by a change bar in the left margin.
3. All changes will be active in the Customs Commercial System (CCS) beginning January 1, 2017.
4. For certainty regarding the tariff classification of a product, importers may request an advance ruling for tariff classification. Details on submitting a request for an advance ruling can be found in the CBSA Memorandum D11-11-3, Advance Rulings for Tariff Classification, which can also be found on the CBSA website.
5. For more information, within Canada, call the Border Information Service at 1-800-461-9999. From outside Canada call 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064. Long distance charges will apply. Agents are available Monday to Friday (08:00 – 16:00 local time / except statutory holidays). TTY is also available within Canada: 1-866-335-3237.
- Date modified: