A link to the Portable Document Format (PDF) of this form is provided below. The content of the form is duplicated in HTML following the PDF link.
- Legal Business Name
- Operating Name
- CBSA Carrier Code
- Telephone Number
- Fax Number
- Email Address
- Original cargo control number / House bill number
- Corrected cargo control number / House bill number
- Original conveyance reference number
- Corrected conveyance reference number
- Housebill Close Message Adjustment
- CSA Indicator (see instructions) - Add / Delete
- Cargo Control Number / House Bill Number to be deleted
- Conveyance Reference Number to be deleted
- Reason for Request (Continuation Sheet)
- I certify that I am authorized by the company and the information on this form and in any attached documentation is, to the best of my knowledge, true and complete.
- Name of Signatory (print)
- Position/title and company name
- Contact telephone number
- Third Party Consent (optional – please use only if representative is involved)
- I (Authorized Officer) authorize (Consultant name) to act on our behalf in all matters relating to this request. This authorization is valid until written notice from (Authorized Officer) is received.
The information you provide in this document is collected under the authority of Section 12(2) of the Customs Act and Section 4 of the Reporting of Imported Goods Regulations for the purposes of facilitating corrections/adjustments to previous declarations made under Subsection 12(1) of the Customs Act. The information may be disclosed within the CBSA for the purposes of compliance verification, risk management and law enforcement/investigation.
Failure to provide the requested information on this form may result in the rejection of the correction/adjustment request. Individuals have the right of access to and/or can make corrections of their personal information under the Privacy Act. The information collected is described within Info Source under the eManifest Personal Information Bank CBSA PPU 048 which is detailed at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca.
- Corrections to a transmission must be made by the client as soon as it is known. Clients can make corrections at any time prior to the arrival of the conveyance.
- This form is to be used in all modes by carriers, freight forwarders and/or their agents who are requesting a correction or deletion to a key data element in their electronic cargo or conveyance transmission post-arrival.
- This form is to be used in all modes by carriers, freight forwarders, warehouse operators and/or their agents who are requesting a correction or cancellation when cargo and/or conveyance have been arrived in error.
- Key data elements that may be corrected or deleted using this form are:
- Conveyance Reference Number (CRN)
- Cargo Control Number (CCN)
- House bill Number
- House bill Close Message
- Customs Self-Assessment (CSA) indicator
- For the Air and Marine modes: To correct an air or marine CRN, the client must first update each related cargo document to reflect the correct CRN and then submit CBSA Form BSF673 to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
- To change the CSA indicator on a cargo document from a N to Y, the client must present the completed CBSA Form BSF673 with supporting documentation.
- "WACM / CACM" field on the CBSA Form BSF673 will be when cargo and/or conveyance have been arrived in error.
- Clients are required to present the completed form in duplicate, in person to the CBSA, Ambassador Bridge Commercial Operations, 4285 Industrial Drive, Windsor, Ontario, N9C 3R9 or by email CBSAASFC_SOR_Windsor_emanifest@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca or by facsimile to 519-967-4206.
- In those circumstances where an immediate correction is required when the conveyance has been reported at the port of entry, and the driver is waiting, a completed CBSA form BSF673 (in duplicate) can be presented to the port to allow the furtherance of the conveyance.
- A valid reason for the requested correction and/or deletion must be provided. The CBSA will validate the request and complete the bottom section and return a copy to the client for their records. The CBSA office will retain the other copy of the form.
- Carriers, Freight Forwarders or their agents are required to re-transmit the corrected replacement data within 5 business days.
- Supporting documents relating to the amendments request may be required by CBSA personnel.
Guidelines for the Use of Form BSF673, House Bill, Cargo and Conveyance Manual Amendments Form Post Arrival - All Modes
Clients are obligated to provide true, accurate and complete information to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), as per section 7.1 of the Customs Act. Corrections to a transmission must be made by the client as soon as it is known, at any time prior to or following the arrival of the conveyance in Canada.
There may be circumstances where amendments are required to the previously transmitted advance information after the report of the conveyance and/or goods in Canada. Clients are required to amend the advance information as soon as they become aware that the information is no longer accurate, and to electronically transmit amendments to any data element except those identified by the CBSA as a "key data element".
The House Bill, Cargo and Conveyance Manual Correction Form Post-Arrival - All Modes (referred herein as Form BSF673) may only be used in situations where clients are not authorized to correct the data themselves, following arrival of the conveyance. Form BSF673 is not to be used to request changes prior to arrival of the conveyance in Canada. Changes required prior to arrival are to be transmitted by the clients without the CBSA's assistance.
The key data elements that cannot be amended by the clients post arrival are:
|Document Type||Data Elements|
|Conveyance||Conveyance Reference Number (CRN)|
|Cargo||Cargo Control Number (CCN) Customs Self-Assessment (CSA) Indicator|
|House Bill||House Bill Cargo Control Number (HB CCN)|
|House Bill Close Message||Previous Cargo Control Number (PCCN)|
As per the Electronic Commerce Client Requirements Document, "document" refers to electronic submission of pre-arrival data. For post-arrival amendments to any of the remaining data elements within the House Bill, Cargo and/or Conveyance data sets, clients can transmit the amendment themselves without having to complete and present Form BSF673 to the CBSA.
For the purpose of these guidelines, and to provide consistency and clarity within this document, the following definitions are provided:
- Post arrival:
- When the conveyance has arrived and reported, and all related cargo is in a "Reported status".
- Amendments can be transmitted by clients for non-key data elements. The amend function is the transmission of an entire new document replacing the entire document on file.
- Post-arrival corrections are completed by the CBSA on the key data elements that clients cannot electronically amend themselves. The correct function is the cancellation of a document in its entirety by the CBSA and a new transmission by the client.
- Adjustments are completed by the CBSA on House Bill data only. This function allows adjustments of key data elements within a House Bill document post arrival.
- Deletions by the CBSA are completed post arrival only, as client can delete any document themselves prior to arrival. The delete function is the complete removal of a document or packages of documents.
- House Bill:
- A cargo control document submitted by a freight forwarder for shipments that have, or will be, deconsolidated from another cargo control document.
- House Bill Close Message:
- This message is provided by the freight forwarder to identify all House Bills related to a consolidated primary cargo document or a consolidated House Bill document for closure purposes.
Although Form BSF673 allows for amending certain information post arrival, the CBSA monitors all House Bill, Cargo and Conveyance documents for accuracy.
The CBSA may conduct verification in such circumstances where clients are requesting a higher than acceptable number of corrections/adjustments, or when there are concerns that the manual correction process is being misused by a carrier or freight forwarder.
The CBSA will work directly with carriers and freight forwarders who have been identified through CBSA monitoring activities as having an unacceptable history of amendments, corrections or adjustments post arrival for compliance and/or educational purposes. This could include the CBSA contacting clients to discuss their concerns and to provide guidance to assist them in determining the cause of the repeated errors.
The goal of the CBSA is to work directly with those clients to ensure compliance with section 7.1 of the Customs Act.
Carriers and freight forwarders are encouraged to submit a completed Form BSF673 to the CBSA as soon as the error is discovered. Clients are required to present the completed form in duplicate, in person to the CBSA, Ambassador Bridge Commercial Operations, 4285 Industrial Drive, Windsor, Ontario, N9C 3R9, by e-mail at CBSA-ASFC_SOR_Windsor_emanifest@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca or by fax to 519-967-4206.
In those circumstances where an immediate correction is required when the conveyance has been reported at the port of entry (e.g. driver is waiting) a completed CBSA Form BSF673 (in duplicate) can be presented to the port to allow the conveyance to proceed.
The CBSA will validate the request and complete the bottom section of the Form BSF673 and return a copy to the client. In the case of a correction, the client has five business days to transmit the corrected document to the CBSA.
Clients must keep completed forms on file for three years, in accordance with the Transportation of Goods Regulations and section 22 of the Customs Act.
Corrections to a key data element in a conveyance document:
The CBSA will cancel the existing conveyance document on file to enable the client to transmit electronically the new CRN within five business days.
Please note that to correct the CRN for an air or a marine conveyance report, clients must first update each related Cargo document to reflect the correct CRN and then submit the completed CBSA Form BSF673 to the CBSA.
Corrections to a key data element in a Cargo document:
Requests for a correction to a key data element in a cargo document post arrival for goods that are still under the control of the carrier, freight forwarder or sufferance warehouse operator will normally be processed by the CBSA. If the cargo document has been acquitted, additional documentary evidence may be requested.
Client must present the completed form in duplicate, in person or by facsimile and supporting documents (if applicable) to CBSA. The CBSA will cancel the existing document on file to enable the client to transmit a corrected report within five business days.
In the highway and rail modes, once the corrected document has been transmitted, the client must then update the list of CCNs linked to the CRN by amending the list of CCNs on the conveyance report.
In the air and marine modes, clients must amend the cargo document information to quote the correct CRN in order to establish the link.
To change the CSA indicator on a highway cargo document from an N to Y, clients must present the completed Form BSF673 and the following supporting valid documentation:
- the importer's business number; and
- the driver's Free and Secure Trade (FAST) or Commercial Driver Registration Program card number (highway mode only).
Adjustment to a key data element in a House Bill document:
Requests for an adjustment to a key data element in a House Bill document post arrival for goods that are still under the control of the carrier, freight forwarder or sufferance warehouse operator will normally be processed by the CBSA. If the cargo document has been acquitted, additional documentary evidence (e.g. release requests) may be requested. Clients requesting adjustments to a key data element in a House Bill document must ensure a completed Form BSF673 indicates the correct information.
Correction when arrival messages for cargo and/or conveyance have been transmitted in error:
Clients requesting a correction when they have transmitted a cargo and/or conveyance arrival message in error must complete Form BSF673, providing details in the "WACM / CACM" field.
- For future use
- Reason for request
- Date modified: