Notice - Surtax
Starting July 1, 2018, certain goods originating from the U.S. are subject to a surtax that will apply to commercial shipments as well as goods being imported by travellers above their personal exemptions. The list of goods is available on the Department of Finance website. For more information, please refer to Customs Notice 18-08, Memorandum D16-1-1 and Frequently Asked Questions.
Canadian border information and services for non-Canadians visiting, settling in or doing business with Canada.
Notice - Cannabis
Despite the fact that cannabis (marijuana) will become legal and regulated in Canada in the near future, it will remain illegal to take cannabis across Canada’s national borders, whether you are entering or leaving Canada. For more information, consult cannabis (marijuana) legalization.
Plan your trip across the border
- Current border wait times
- Use the CanBorder app to help plan your next cross-border trip
- Border and contact information
- Reporting requirements for private boaters
- Reporting requirements for non-commercial aircraft
What to expect at the border
Save time at the border
- Automated Border Clearance Kiosks
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC)
- Remote Area Border Crossing (RABC)
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Technology
- Date modified: